Tuesday, April 12, 2011

onward to the bouldering motherland...

My time in Flagstaff has been, well, a bit unconventional compared to the rest of the trip thus far. Jesus and I got here a week ago, and have managed to climb just two days. Mother nature and her April snow showers have been the dominant factor in our lack of climbing. However, it has been a great week, full of rest, good times, good people, and a really cool town. Monday was my birthday and on Sunday night all four of us went to the Talib Kweli show at the Orpheum here in downtown Flag. My dad was cool enough to hook us up with a hotel room for my birthday and we pregamed there with one four loco (which I will never drink again) a bottle of wine between three of us and a good ole tall boy PBR. We were all significantly under 100% the next day to say the least, and its safe to say that I was in the worst shape. The show was amazing, Tom nearly got kicked out, Mike danced with nearly every girl, and at the end Tom and I's effort to meet Talib was thwarted by every doorman there. I seemed to get more drunk as I stopped drinking halfway through the show and do not remember going to bed. Now Jesus and I are off to Bishop for a few weeks. I am super stoked, mainly to get on one problem. . . checkerboard. . . I fell off the last move the last day of my trip two years ago when me and four fellow Athenians traveled across the country to Bishop, and I have been thinking about this problem ever since.

I also forgot to add that Mike and I were the billiards champs of Flagstaff. With a 2-1 series victory. Team chemistry seemed to be the crucial factor in the win, as well as Kobe like ice in our veins. Good luck next time Tom and Jesus, you gotta lot of work to do.



1 comment: