Friday, May 6, 2011

problem and solution

So I have been camping here at the buttermilks for close to three weeks now and I have been dealing, well I have not really done anything about it so dealing is the wrong word. the better word would be I have had a mouse problem at night. Two nights ago the mice seemed to be causeing more noise than usual. Despite my attempts to scare them away, they persisted and kept me up nearly all night. It sounded as if they were a milion of them and tehy didnt seem scared of me or my attempts to make a loud noise, so i downed some nyquil and fell asleep. The next morning was business as usual, eggs coffee, orange juice. . . more coffee, then pack up to go bouldering. I arrived at the first boulder and set my crash pad down only to see a lone mouse next to the pad. It seemed unaffected by my presence, and I thought it was odd that a) it was not scared and b) it was out during the day. I said scram and it seemed to understand. We both seemed to be confused but it seemed as if I won and got my way. Moments later, I looked down and there was another mouse in my crashpad, only this one lied motionless, lifeless some may say, dead most would say. Again, I thought this was odd. Why was there a dead mouse in my crash pad, how did it die, was it linked to the other one, do i bury it. i decided that it was linked to the other one, died of natural causes and I flung it off into the bushes with a ong enough stick. Finally I could proceed with my climbing. I reached for my shoes and was about to put them on when i looked down at three sets of beady eyes glaring up at me. It seems as if a family of mice had relocated their home to my warmer, cozier, and most definitely smellier climbing shoe. I shook them out eventually after they put up a good fight, holding on to the inner velcro like their life depended on it. After calling a local frined/climber/nurse he advised me that as long as i dont lick the inside of my shoes, I should be alright. And as for my feet, for anyone who knows me and my feet, I dont believe they could get any worse. This little event during my day ended up being a blessing in disguise because last night was silent. I seemed to have relocate a whole family unknowingly and was able to fall asleep quickly and without the help of nyquil.

1 comment:

  1. That is some of the funniest shit I have ever heard

    ReplyDelete